Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mostly content to be sedentary

Wandering is on hold for now. I'm solidly in Golden, diving deep into the graduate school universe. Hearing about the adventures of my friends abroad makes me want to travel, and now I have a wife to take along with me! Since my last post came the day I left Denmark (June 24, '09), I must elaborate on that previous exclamatory sentence: I got married in September. Most of you who read this blog know that fact already, so its inclusion here is merely for completeness' sake.

But yes, I have a friend riding his bike around CO, rafting, skiing and snowboarding (instructing). I have another in Switzerland, working on his masters in renewable energy, a third in the Netherlands attending grad school, a fourth mulling tough decisions for future work in Australia, and a fifth in Germany, somewhere, doing something. Oh, and my parents are going to Kenya in December to teach English and medical skills to kids.

My consolation is my wife and I will be heading down to New Zealand in December (one month away!) for our second honeymoon. We'll be tramping all over the south island, visiting wineries, kayaking rivers, watching whales, and sailing through the majestic sounds of the southwestern coast. More than consolation, it's downright awesome!

For now, I'm enjoying lazy weekend mornings in bed, grading papers for a class I've never taken, crunching literature, writing reports, watching football games, eating pomegranates by the armload, and FINALLY getting back to this blog. Dear Reader, I've kept you in drought too long. Enjoy, as I am.

1 comment:

Mike Raevsky said...

Adventure brokers no respite for the tame or the savage. Good to read you're back.